Hi there, I’m Mike Jarema.
Since 2012, Token Labs has been my Toronto-based technology & consulting practice.
The business is named after API keys or “tokens” which allow internet-based applications, tools and services to securely connect and share data. Also, in the nascent cryptocurrency world, a “token” represents a fungible, tradable unit of value represented on a blockchain. Both senses of the word are of deep interest to me, and form the core of how I think about technology architecture.
Through Token Labs, I’ve acted as an early stage technology leader for multiple Toronto-based startups. Some recent/on-going engagements include:
- Gopher Leads - a mobile lead generation tool that empowers and incentivizes frontline workers to drive sales by leveraging their knowledge and customer relationships
- Vidoyen - a video AMA platform that helps experts, thought leaders and academics easily share their knowledge with the general public
- Majestic Media - a marketing innovation agency that helps consumer facing companies solve problems and build their brands by leveraging a mix of social, mobile and digital channels
Additionally, over the years I’ve created a series of purpose-built tools which also fall under the Token Labs umbrella:
- Namevine - a domain name and social media handle search tool that helps you create a consistent online brand for your startup, product or side-project. Namevine has been live for 5+ years.
- Logocaster - a logo generator that helps you explore a large number of logo concepts and find the one that makes the most sense for your brand. Logocaster is live as a public alpha.
- Crypto vs Stocks - compare the market caps of your favourite cryptocurrencies to those of large public companies around the world. Crypto vs Stocks is still a work-in-progress and will be launched soon.
- Peerpix - a mobile app that connected with DSLR cameras, allowing event photographers to sell, share or present their work instantly (via social media integration or a big-screen slideshow). Peerpix made it to a private alpha and was used at a few events before being shutdown.